(Q)which sahabiyyah had the longest arms?
(A)zainab binte khuzaymah
(Q)which sahaba had long arms?
(A)hazrat umar bin khirbaq
(Q)who was the first sahabi to throw an arrow?
(A)Hazrat sa’ad bin abi waqqas(R.A)
(Q)if one fasts on the 13 and 14 of shabaan and has Qadha fasts, will it fall as qada fasts, or will it count as the fasts of the 13 and 14 shabaan, or does it depend on the intention?
(A)definitely it depends on the intention…a person who has qadhaa fasts should rather make intention of qadhaa whilst fasting on these days..however if a person intends nafl fasts of 13 and 14 of sha’baan then it will be recorded as nafl…one cannot make 2 intentions..that is..one cannot make intention for sha’baan fast aswel as qadhaa fast..
(Q)what is the rules for a women who gets a lot of discharge?do you have to make a new wudu for each salaah and put a clean pantie liner on?
(A)if a woman experiences continuous discharge where every salaah time her panty liner is stained, then she will fall under the category of an excused person…this would mean, that instead of going through the difficulty of changing and remaking wudhu every time discharge comes out, she would have to change at the beginning of every salaah time and make a fresh wudhu..this wudhu will last only for the duration of that salaah and will break automatically at the termination of that salaah…if however you find that an entire salaah time has passed without any discharge, then you will no longer be regarded as a ‘ma’thoorah(excused person)’
(Q)why will men be given 2 wives and hoors in
jannah?whereas women won’t be granted that honour…they will only have 1 husband n there are no male hoors for women?
(A)it is against shame and modesty for a woman to have more than one man in her life…
(Q)What is mufti AK hoosens views with regards to the new ‘halaal cruise’?
(A)it is haraam
(Q)What does sunat e ghair mu’akkadah mean?
(A)iT IS SUNNAH BUT IF ONE OMITS IT THEN THERE IS NO SIN, EG. SUNNATS OF ASR. It is also Sunnat e zawaaid as explained below
(Q)Is a Makrooh act a sin?
(A)MAKRUH IS SINFUL WHEN IT BECOMES HABITUAL.
(Q)what duas can be read for a very hot headed and unreasonable person?
(A)READ SURAH 21 VERSE 87 AND SURAH 54 VERSE 10.
(Q)Can one pass in front of another who is engaged in salah by walking sidewards, facing the qiblah?
(A)No, one cannot pass across a Musalli(one performing salaah) even if it is by walking sidewards.
The hadith mentions to the effect that if a person knew the punishment for walking infront of one who is performing salaah, he would wait for 40…some say 40 years…this is just to show how grave a sin it is to walk infront of one who is talking directly to his creator..
(Q)Regarding the hadith about wishing to poke those eyes with scissors, would it also apply to looking into peoples’ cars?
From the ahaadith we understand that we should not look into the houses of others, this is not permissable as it is the privacy of others and if we do, then the person has a right to poke our eyes…
(A)In our understanding a car is slightly different compared to a house.
(Q)Is it a Sunnah to wrap oneself in a shawl when sad/in grief & also at the time of Tahajjud as nabi(S.A.W) was wrapped by hazrat khadija (R.A) after returning from mount hira after the incident with jibraa’il(A.S)…nabi(S.A.W) was terrified…and hazrat khadija (R.A) wrapped nabi(S.A.W) in a shawl…”Zammilooni zammilooni”
(A)We have not come across this being a sunnah
(Q)Is there a difference in the terminologies “Sunnah” & “Mustahab”?
If yes, kindly explain
How does some thing become termed as Sunnah & Nafl? Why I ask, is that we’ve been taught that ‘Sunnah’ means “something which Nabi صلي ا لله عليه وسلم said or did”. But the same/similar thing is found in a Nafl act.
(A)Yes, these are different.
Definition of Sunnat and the difference between Sunnat and Mustahabb
Definition of Sunnat according to the Fuqaha:
Allamah ibnu Abideen Shaami (Rahimahullah) has stated, “The commands of Shariah are of four types:
1) Fardh,2) Wajib,3) Sunnat4) Nafl
1) Fardh: Doing it is compulsory, together with a warning for leaving it out and it is proven by sound proofs (Quraan and Mutawaatir Ahaadith)
2) Wajib: Doing it is compulsory, together with a warning for leaving it out and it is proven in the Hadith
3) Sunnat: Doing it is more virtuous than leaving it out, together with no warning for leaving it out and it was a continuous practice of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) or the Khulafa-e-Rashideen
4) Nafl: Doing it is more virtuous than leaving it out, together with no warning for leaving it out and it was not a continuous practice of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) or the Khulafa-e-RashideenThis is in conformance to the principles of the Hanafi Mazhab explaining the difference between Fardh and Wajib contrary to the Shafee Mazhab and others who say that Fardh and Wajib are synonyms except in certain contexts.
Regarding Sunnat then according to the Hanafi Mazhab it has 2 classifications:
1) Sunnatul Huda2) Sunnatuz Zawaaid
1) Sunnatul Huda: Carrying it out is the completion of Deen. Leaving it out will be Makrooh and sinful. E.g. Salaah with Jamaat, Azaan, Iqaamat, etc. This is because Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) always did it in as an Ibadat. It is also called Sunnat-e-Muakkadah.
2) Sunnatuz Zawaaid: Leaving it out will not be Makrooh and sinful because this relates to the personal habits of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). Carrying it out will be good and rewarding. E.g. dressing, standing, sitting, eating etc.
Mustahab literally means something which is liked or preferred.
According to the Hanafi Mazhab it refers to an action which Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) had done occasionally and left out on other occasions. Thus it is of lower level than Sunnat Muakkadah. Infact it is of a lower level than Sunnat Zawaaid. Leaving it out will not be sinful or Makrooh. It will not result in punishment in the Akhirat, similar to leaving out a Sunnatuz Zawaaid. Rather it is even lower in the sense of there being no sin or punishment in the Akhirat especially in continuous practice even if it is more virtuous.
(Q)If a verse which necessitates Sajdah-e-Tilawah(a sajdah which is necessary after reciting certan ayaat of the quraan) is recited in a vehicle, can it be made in the vehicle without facing the qiblah?
(A)This may be done when on a conveyance out of town.
(Q)Is the Salah requirement of being on the ground & facing the Qiblah ‘only’ for the Fard Salahs?
(A) As mentioned above, this exclusion is when on a conveyance out of town